Rhodes Family Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Vahid Tarokh’s research is in pursuing new formulations and approaches to getting the most out of datasets. Current projects are focused on representation, modeling, inference and prediction from data such as determining how different people will respond to exposure to certain viruses, predicting rare events from small amounts of data, formulation and calculation of limits of learning from observations, and prediction of a macaque monkey's future actions from its brain waves.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Rhodes Family Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor of Mathematics
- Office Location: 130 Hudson Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-7594
- Email Address: email@example.com
Foundations of AI, Foundations of Signal Processing, Learning Representations, Transfer Learning, Meta-Learning, Physics Infused Learning, Extreme Value Theory, Dependence Modeling, Sequential Analysis.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Member. National Academy of Engineering. 2019
- COMPSCI 590: Advanced Topics in Computer Science
- COMPSCI 675D: Introduction to Deep Learning
- ECE 280L9: Signals and Systems - Lab
- ECE 280L: Introduction to Signals and Systems
- ECE 392: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 493: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 494: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 685D: Introduction to Deep Learning
- ECE 891: Internship
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
- MATH 493: Research Independent Study
- Venkatasubramanian, S; Gogineni, S; Kang, B; Pezeshki, A; Rangaswamy, M; Tarokh, V, Toward Data-Driven Radar STAP (2022) [abs].
- Yang, W; Wang, G; Diao, E; Tarokh, V; Ding, J; Yang, Y, A Theoretical Understanding of Neural Network Compression from Sparse
Linear Approximation (2022) [abs].
- Ng, Y; Hasan, A; Tarokh, V, Inference and Sampling for Archimax Copulas (2022) [abs].
- Venkatasubramanian, S; Wongkamthong, C; Soltani, M; Kang, B; Gogineni, S; Pezeshki, A; Rangaswamy, M; Tarokh, V, Toward Data-Driven STAP Radar, 2022 Ieee Radar Conference (Radarconf22) (2022) [10.1109/radarconf2248738.2022.9764354] [abs].
- Soltani, M; Wu, S; Li, Y; Ding, J; Tarokh, V, On The Energy Statistics of Feature Maps in Pruning of Neural Networks
with Skip-Connections (2022) [abs].