Executive In Residence in the Pratt School of Engineering
Dr. Lenz is an experienced executive, lecturer, and scholar in the field of banking and capital markets.
Jimmie is the Director of the Master of Engineering in FinTech and the Master of Engineering in Cybersecurity at the Pratt School, teaching Machine Learning, Blockchain, financial innovation, and financial products and services.
Starting his career as an equity and derivatives trader over 25 years ago, Jimmie found he reveled in fast moving atmospheres that required both strategic thought and the ability to take immediate action. His successes propelled him into a number of senior management roles within the finance community including leading an NYSE broker dealer with foreign and domestic operations, Chief Risk Officer and Chief Credit Officer at a top three broker dealer, and the Head of Predictive Analytics for one of the largest Wealth Management firms in the US.
Global financial services firms and exchanges have engaged Jimmie to address issues related to strategy, analytics application, risk mitigation, and business efficiencies. This in-depth understanding of the capital markets industry has allowed him to provide crucial perspectives in foreign and domestic regulatory matters, including the presentation of findings to the Security and Exchange Commission.
Jimmie holds an undergraduate degree from the University of South Carolina, a Master of Science in Finance from Washington University in Saint Louis, and Doctor of Business Administration-Finance from Washington University’s Olin Business School. Jimmie currently serves as the Chairman of Neocova’s Strategic Advisory Board, and on the Board of Directors of Zen Blockchain Foundation. He frequently speaks and publishes on topics leveraging innovation, Machine Learning, Blockchain, and quantitative analysis and has a number of pending patents related to his work.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Executive In Residence in the Pratt School of Engineering
- Email Address: email@example.com
- D.B.A. Washington University in St. Louis, 2016
- CYBERSEC 501: Seminar
- CYBERSEC 504: Introductory Residency
- FINTECH 501: Financial Technology Seminar
- FINTECH 504: Introductory Residency
- FINTECH 505: Mid-Program Residency
- FINTECH 520: Financial Institution Products & Services
- FINTECH 540: Machine Learning for FinTech
- FINTECH 564: Blockchain
- FINTECH 590: Advanced Topics in Financial Technology
- MENG 550: Master of Engineering Internship/Project
- MENG 551: Master of Engineering Internship/Project Assessment