Craig Stephen Hurwitz
Executive In Residence in the Pratt School of Engineering
Craig Hurwitz is a seasoned Financial Services professional with deep subject matter expertise in Trading Processes, Risks and Controls, Investment Management and Strategy, Advisor and Client Experience, Advisory Products and Services, Ultra High Net Worth (UHNW), and Family Office. He has extensive behind-the-scenes exposure to the target operating models and risk taxonomies of many of the world's largest banks, broker/dealers, RIA’s, asset management firms, Sovereign Wealth Funds, and Family Offices.
Mr. Hurwitz’s consulting projects have tended to focus on Broker-Dealers with large Investment Advisory businesses on matters pertaining to regulatory remediation. Mr. Hurwitz also served as a Senior Advisor to the Monitor for a top-5 global bank under a Department of Justice Deferred Prosecution Agreement. In this role, he was responsible for evaluating global trading processes to monitor the bank’s vulnerability to further potential incidents of fraud. While at PwC, he consulted with some of the world's largest financial services organizations in the areas of Risk, Regulatory and Fraud, Trading Controls, Technology, Investment Strategy, Fiduciary and Trust, and Front/Middle/Back office operations. He was viewed as one of the key thought leaders in the PwC Wealth and Asset Management Advisory practice. Mr. Hurwitz established the BlackRock Private Investors operation for the Midwest region and acted as Senior Portfolio Manager and Team Leader. He served as Senior Portfolio Manager at Fifth Third Asset Management, Inc. where he managed institutional client portfolios and relationships totaling over $1.5 billion. Mr. Hurwitz’s extensive trading experience includes having worked on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange. He has led teams as large as 150 people in size.
Mr. Hurwitz is a CFA charter holder. He has held FINRA Series 7, 63, 65, and 66 licenses. He earned his B.A. in Economics from Ohio Wesleyan University and was awarded an M.B.A in Marketing from Indiana University.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Executive In Residence in the Pratt School of Engineering
- Office Location: 110 Science Dr, Box 90271, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5455
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.B.A. Indiana University at Bloomington, 1992
- FINTECH 502: FinTech Capstone
- FINTECH 520: Financial Institution Products & Services
- FINTECH 550: Emerging Trends for FinTech
In the News
- Craig Hurwitz: Bringing Financial Technology Insights to the Classroom (Jun 10, 2021 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Craig Hurwitz: Bringing Financial Technology Insights to the Classroom (Jun 8, 2021 | Duke Engineering News)